ARE Awards 2019 - Call for Proposals
ARE invites applicants to submit their project proposals for the ARE Awards 2019.
By discerning these awards, ARE wishes to highlight the energy access results achieved by the most passionate and innovative stakeholders and stimulate the exchange of knowledge.
The ARE Awards 2019 Ceremony will take place during the evening reception of the 5th ARE Energy Access Investment Forum on 13 March 2019 at 18:00 - 20:00.
One of the major challenges is to achieve a well-functioning coordination amongst the diverse actors with different backgrounds as represented by the different award categories, assuming that every organisation first needs to attend to its own mission and objectives. With respect to this, ARE again will reward the most effective initiative and/or project implemented with one Award per category.
ARE Awards 2019 Categories
The ARE Awards 2018 consist of 7 categories for projects implemented in 2018:
- Category 1: Multilateral / International Organisations
- Category 2: NGOs & Foundations
- Category 3: Private Sector in Australia, Europe & North America
- Category 4: Private Sector in Africa, Asia & Latin-America
- Category 5: Government in Africa, Asia & Latin-America
- Category 6: Best Off-Grid Project
- Category 7: Best Start-Up
Applicants should structure their submission so as to clearly address the selection criteria:
- Effectiveness to contribute to new energy access provided or existing energy access advanced (all categories)
- Financial Sustainability (cat. 2, 3, 4, 6, 7)
- Engagement with project beneficiaries / Participation of local population (all categories)
- Adequate risk management (cat. 2, 3, 4, 6, 7)
- Positive socio-economic impact (all categories)
- Impact on CO2 reduction (all categories)
- Innovation potential for replication and upscaling (cat. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7)
The selection process of the winners is as follows:
Any institution, company or formal entity can apply for the ARE Awards 2019. Candidates can apply for a maximum of two categories (e.g. category 4 and 6), which should be clearly stated in the submission. If third parties were involved in the project, candidates are required to have their explicit and signed acceptation for the submission of the project for the ARE Awards 2019. The application for category 6 has to be submitted by the project leader or the majority of the partners in the case of a multi-partner project.
We would like to ask you to inform us of suitable candidates and to justify them, accordingly.
Winners will be promoted globally throughout the ARE network. We can also offer free access to the 5th ARE Energy Access Investment Forum for winners.
ARE Awards 2019 Jury
- Guilherme Collares, Jury Chair / ARE Vice-President
- Martin Hiller, Director General, REEEP
- Arthouros Zervos, Chair, REN21
- Rana Ghoneim, Chief, Energy Systems & Infrastructure Division, UNIDO
ARE Awards Secretariat
The ARE Awards 2019 is organised by ARE and its Member Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften Neu-Ulm (HNU).
In case of questions, please contact Elmar Steurer.